REACH & CLP
What are REACH and CLP?
The REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals) Regulations came into force in June 2007 and required EU manufacturers or importers of most chemical substances on their own or in preparations to Register the substance if they manufacture or import it in quantities of one tonne or more per year. Deadlines for Registration depend on whether a substance was already on the market and could be “pre-registered” as a “phase-in substance” in 2008, or is a new, non-phase-in substance. Non-phase-in substances must be registered under REACH before they can be marketed in the EU. In contrast, phase-in substances can remain on the market subject to the provision of data to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) by deadlines in 2010, 2013 and 2018. Click here for more detail.
How can AG-HERA help you?
AG-HERA specialises in human health, ecotoxicology, and environmental exposure modelling. We conduct modelling of worker exposure, consumer exposure, and exposure of the general population via the environment, plus exposure modelling of different environmental compartments. We are experienced in the use of EUSES, CHESAR, IUCLID and ECETOC TRA. In collaboration with our partners we provide the full range of technical, legal and administrative services required for effective compliance with environmental regulations such as REACH and CLP.
We offer a full REACH registration package:
- Data gathering
- Data review and evaluation
- Read-across strategy
- Integrated testing strategy
- Study monitoring
- Human health and ecotoxicological hazard
- PBT assessment
- Exposure modelling and risk characterisation
- CSA/CSR preparation
- Lower Olefins and Aromatics (LOA) Consortium
- Higher Olefins and Poly Alpha Olefins (HOPA ) Consortium
- Hydrocarbon Solvents Reach Consortium (HCSRC)
- International Lead Association (ILA)
- Frits Consortium
- Precious Metals Consortium
- Crane M, Grosso A. 2013. Summary of European Union laws and regulations. In, Newman MC (ed) Fundamentals of Ecotoxicology. CRC Press, Boca Raton, USA.
- Grosso A, Crane M, Penman M. 2013. REACH and strategic decision-making. In: Bergkamp L (ed.) The European Union REACH Regulation for Chemicals: Law and Practice. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.
- Crane M, Grosso A, Gross M. 2009. Computational approaches under REACH. Chemistry Today 27(4):14-16.